LillyLube was ranked the #1 (non wax) based chainlube in the Feb. 2014 issue of Velo Magazine, VOL. 43/NO. 2. The article is titled,"HUNTING FOR SPEED, Searching for the fastest lubes on the planet". Link_to_Velo_Article.pdf3.0 MB
Let's face it - bicycle chains run in a dirty environment. Over 90% of all drivetrain wear comes from the grinding effect that dirt and grit has on your chain. Some chain lubes are very dry and pick up very little road grit. These lubes typically do a terrible job of lubrication, are very noisy and make your drivetrain feel horrible. Nobody likes a squeaky drivetrain. Some chain lubes are very wet and sticky. These lubes do an excellent job of chain lubrication, are very quiet and feel great at first. However, in a short period of time they pick up every spec of dirt and grit and develop a thick black gunk on your chain. This is like grinding compound and will wear your drivetrain out prematurely. The only solution is a compromise between all of these variables. LillyLube is that perfect solution.
LillyLube is a complex blend of heavy duty lubricants, purified solvents and proprietary additives that reduce friction and make your chain run smooth. LillyLube will penetrate and clean your chain, flushing out dirt and contamination. LillyLube is formulated to provide excellent lubrication and at the same time pick up a minimum amount of grit and dirt.
• EP (Extreme Pressure) additives for superior film strength
• Contains proprietary additives that reduce friction
• Cleans every time you use it
• Petroleum based lubricant
• No added scents or dyes
• Made in the USA
• Formulated by an engineer with a passion for cycling
• Attracts a minimum amount of dirt and grit
• Lower friction increases speed
• Performs equally as well in both wet and dry conditions
• Increases chain life
• Long Lasting
• Excellent for all type of bikes
• Made in the USA
1. Always apply LillyLube at least 8 hours before riding and wipe your chain thoroughly. This allows time for the solvent to fully evaporate so the lube will set up properly. You can't wipe too much so wipe your chain until it's shiny.
2. Repeat the above process as needed until clean.
IMPORTANT: Do not just apply lube and ride, LillyLube is not designed to be used this way. LillyLube must be applied at least 8 hours before riding to give it time to set up.
1. Remember, you must apply LillyLube at least 8 hours before you ride. Now shift your chain onto the big chainring and the smallest cog before beginning to lube your chain. The purpose of this is to make cleanup easier. You will now have access to wipe off both sides of the big chainring.
2. While spinning your crank backward, apply a steady stream of LillyLube to wet your chain. Continue to spin the crank backward, working the lube into the chain and the dirt and contamination out. If your chain is really dirty give the lube several minutes to break up the dirt and contamination before you wipe it down.
3. While continuing to spin the crank backward, aggressively wipe the chain and the jockey pulleys with a rag. We like to use a microfiber towel to remove as much dirt and contamination and excess lube as possible. A good rule of thumb is to spin the crank backwards at lest 20 revs while changing rag positions.
4. If the rag looks extremely dirty you can repeat the above process to get your chain really clean.
5. Once you are happy with the looks of your chain, shift your chain out of the big chainring and small cog. You now have clear access to wipe both sides of the big chainring and the outside edge of the smallest cog.
IMPORTANT: It is essential to apply LillyLube the night before your ride because the formula evaporates very slowly. It goes on thin and needs a minimum of 8 hours to thicken and works its magic.